Hi, I'm Jess and I am a seasoned education community builder and growth marketer! I help education startup founders grow, scale and monetize their communities. My San Francisco-based consultancy specializes in growth marketing and community building for edtech startups. Over the past 12 years, I've led marketing for education startups, nonprofits and universities in a plethora of roles.
Some of my favorites engagements include:
* Coaching hundreds of early-stage education entrepreneurs,
* Growing the Startup Weekend Education program worldwide by 500% in one year,
* Growing four dozen online learning communities,
* Designing and teaching technology classes for the Boys and Girls Club and 4-H Youth Development programs
* Founding my own education startup,
* Recruiting for the US's top online MBA program
* Doubling the number of women enrolled in computer science programs at Indiana University
* Leading professional development workshops for tens of thousands of educators,
* Designing an online social learning network for National 4-H Council
I'm building the global education innovation community and empowering others to start designing innovations in education as a Startup Weekend Education Global Facilitator and by curating the Education Startup Digest. As a local community organizer I've produced hundreds of events, but an currently focused on the EdWomen Hike, EdBrunch, SF Edtech Happy Hour, Ignite SF Education and the 4-H Youth Development Program.
I'd love to chat with you about experiential learning, prototyping learning tools, community building, increasing our pipeline of women in STEM fields, growing your local edtech community, social media marketing for education companies and geocaching.
[Programming descriptions are generated by participants and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of SXSW.]